Wednesday, September 30, 2009

























Goodies and temptations.






Well the first day of no spend week started fine, went food shopping I know exciting but we have to eat one of my favourite lines is "we'd be rich if we didn't have to eat", and I'd be slim !!!


Anyway I'd hardly put said shopping away when I get a call from my mum saying the doctors have told her she needs to go straight to the hospital, she has heart problems and had a heart attack nearly two years ago without knowing it I might add she was out christmas shopping at the time and still managed to finish her shopping!!!! tough as old boots springs to mind.


So round I went to pick her up, my dad could have taken her but to say he is useless in that sort of situation is an understatement, so we arrive at the hospital at 12.50 and I just knew this was going to be a long afternoon things were not happening quickly especially when you have to wait for results to come back , doctors to sign letters etc etc so nearly seven yes seven hours later we were on our merry way having been given the all clear well nearly we're back again Saturday, I tell you what with her and the boys I wouldn't have time to work hehehehe which suits me fine.


So basically day one was fine because I was stuck at the bloody hospital. Day two was the temptation day not one but two catalogues dropped through the door the first being Hancocks of Paducah a book of sheer heaven all the new fabrics, as I always spend an absolute fortune I will have to hide this one.


The second one was from Joules, oh well bloody hell there are so many lovely things in this one as you can see from the photo I want to be that model surrounded by vintage cups and saucers

and in the other photo they've even got the pug I want, so ugly but so cute, I don't quite understand the tea pot on the head but hey she may have been cold.



On to the goodies my swap parcel arrived from the friendship swap I joined, it came from the lovely Alice in Utah, it was a lovely little quilted bag filled with four fat quarters, ric rac, pins a huge pin cushion, two chocolate bars but my absolute favourite has to be the crocheted flower tape measure which is gorgeous so thank you Alice it's all lovely.

All in all not a bad start to the week.


Speak soon






Kate






xxx






1 comment:

Coco Rose Diaries said...

Heya, thanks for leaving a comment! It's a great way to get to know blogs! I LOVE Joules! So many gorgeous things! Their wellies are amazing and they have such gorgeous kids pieces. I got my catalogue through the post and I just sit and salivate, but no spend this year, craft supplies have to come first at the mo....no harm in looking though! have a fab day! x