Thursday, January 28, 2010

So many choices..............



Sorry I've been away soooo long, I wish I could tell you I've been crafting and sewing and doing lots and lots of lovely things but truth be told I've been really busy with the boys.

The twins are choosing their GCSE options, getting one to sit down and choose what courses they want to take is bad enough but two is bloody impossible, we've had the "I just want to do PE, Drama, D&T, and Photography" conversations eerr no I don't think so boys, Triple science, History, German, etc etc are much more appropriate.

They've also had a real tragedy at their school, just before Christmas one of their teachers went missing, she was actually Miles GCSE geography teacher, and this week her body was found in the river which is just awful, as their Headmaster said "this really is something none of them should experience, but these things do happen for whatever reason, and they have to deal with it" and they have, I think kids never cease to amaze you.

We've also got Miles trying to decide which university he should go to, we've been to Bournemouth twice in the last two weeks for different interviews, he's had three offers already but the course he really wants to get onto we are waiting to hear from fingers crossed, it's quite a competitive course so hopefully they liked what they saw, he wants to be a computer game designer, all 3D computer animation which I really don't understand at all, how he takes something flat on a page and turns it into something that has curves etc and starts moving is quite beyond me.

I've also been back and forth to the dentist and orthodontist but I won't bore you with that, so that's what I've been up to plus all the usual household stuff.



I want to get lots of things finished off this month I'll let you know later this week, hopefully.
Speak soon
Kate.

10 comments:

VintageVicki said...

Good luck with the GSCE thing - Ed is choosing his this year - he has no idea what he wants to do when he's older - other than a tester for Nintendo!!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Good luck to the twins and their GCSEs although how awful what happened to their teacher.

Victoria xx

Shabby Chick said...

Oh good luck with the twins, I remember how hard it is choosing. Very sad about their teacher. I hope Miles gets the place he wants, he must be v clever to do that!

By the way I just caught up and looked at your Christmas pressies, didn't you get some gorgeous stuff!

Mel xxx

Dawn said...

My daughter has options choosing coming up soon too! I'm dreading it a bit as she is the eldest its all new to me.

I have an award for you on my blog if you would like to pop by!

Carole Poirot said...

Hi Kate, thank you sooo much for your lovely comment on my blog, now I can see why you would love the caravan ;-) My god I'm not looking forward to my boy starting all you're going through right now, I don't know how you do it with four...you're braver than me. Good luck with all that, love your sales bargains ;-) Carole x

Serenata said...

Good luck with the GCSE options, been through this once, another to go!

Terrible news about their teacher. What a shock it must have been for them.

Hope your teeth are sorted! ;-)

MelMel said...

How tragic about that teacher....

I hope the boys enjoy whatever GCSE'S they choose, such a big moment....

Thank you for the offer of the CK booklet...thats so kind of you!

If you leave me a comment with your email.....I won't publish it...I'll send my details to you...thank you hunni....xxxx

P.S...I'm not on FB at the mo.....too mush time on the WWW....not enough things getting done here/plus straining eyes.....I really should stop doing blog posts, but I'm getting giddy and keep thinking of things to say...LOL!

xxxxxxxxxx

Aunty Bee said...

I've just found your lovely blog, we are well into the school year here, Aj has chosen Tourism??? and has 2 PE subjscts......yikes it is his last year at school. Tom returns to uni tomorrow, has dropped Law and picked up Classics and Philsophy. I don't envy you, as boys are so last minute. I will pop in to see how your going, as a boy mother I reckon we need support.

Pixiedust said...

Hi Kate, your partnered with me for the Tilda swap, should be great fun. xx Pixie xx

N said...

I know what you mean! My son is just about to choose his options, cant believe how quick he's grown up!

Where did my baby go?

Good luck with it all

x